Understanding Auditor Communications
Is my plan auditor required to communicate with me throughout the audit?
Communication with plan auditors come in various forms and can be made at any time throughout the audit. Auditors are required to communicate with those charged with governance, or those with oversight, strategic direction and obligations related to the accountability of the plan.
This advisory* addresses:
- Overview of Auditor Communications
- Auditor’s Communication With Those Charged With Governance
- Engagement Letters
- Management Representation Letters
- Communications About Internal Control Matters Identified in an Audit
- How Auditor Communications Can Help You
- Where to Obtain Additional Information About Auditor Communications