Employee Benefit Plans – Financial Statement Audits
What is the purpose of an independent audit of the financial statements for an employee benefit plan?
The purpose of an independent audit of the financial statements for an employee benefit plan is to help users determine the plan’s current and future ability to pay retirement, health, or other benefits while protecting the financial integrity of the employee benefit plan.
This advisory* describes in-depth:
- The Plan Financial Reporting and Audit Process and Management’s Responsibilities
- Purpose, Objectives and Benefits of the Independent Audit
- General Audit Considerations
- Full Scope vs. Limited Scope
- Audit Areas
- The Audit Process
- Auditor’s Report
- Your Role in the Audit Process